Many people often confuse t about the plastic coated pipes and 3PE anti-corrosive pipes because they are very similar to their appearance. Coated plastic pipe, also known as underground coated steel pipe or steel-plastic composite steel pipe, is the steel pipe which is melted an organic layer with a thickness of 0.5 ~ 1.0mm on the inner and outer wall such as modified polyethylene (PE), ethylene-acrylic copolymer (EAA), epoxy (EP) powder, non-toxic polypropylene (PP) or non-toxic polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This underground coated steel pipe combines the advantages of steel and plastics. It not only has the advantages of high strength, easy connection, water impact resistance and so on but also cancels the disadvantages such as easy corrosion, pollution, scaling, low strength of the plastic pipe and poor fire-fighting performance of steel pipe in water. It offers a long lifespan and more economically with design life can reach 50 years.
Firefighting coated steel pipe is the most commonly used plastic coated steel pipe, with a steel pipe as the base pipe, the outer wall coating high adhesion, impact resistance, corrosion resistance weather resistance type of thermosetting powder coating and the inner wall coating food grade sanitary thermoplastic powder coating, and then made by sandblasting and chemical treatment, preheating, internal painting, external painting, curing and other post-treatment.
The features of underground coated steel pipe
The pipe wall is smooth and burr-free, suitable for the underground or another humid environment, can withstand very high or low temperatures.
It have a strong ability to withstand pressure, even can withstand the pressure of 6Mpa.
With excellent anti-interference ability, it can effectively screen the signal interference from the outside.
The coating itself also has good electrical insulation and does not cause corrosion.
The Specification of underground coated steel pipe
Color: black, gray, blue, red, white, green;
Coating thickness: PE(modified polyethylene) coating thickness is 400um -- 1000um, EP(epoxy resin) is 100um -- 400um;
Coating method: Hot-dip EP, epoxy internal/external spraying;
Specification: DN15 -- DN1660;
Ambient temperature: -30℃ to 120℃;
Connection: wire buckle (DN15-DN100), groove (DN65-DN400), flange (suitable for any diameter), welding type, bimetal connection, socket, pipe joint, sealing connection, etc.
Applications of underground coated steel pipe
1. The plastic-coated pipe can be used in all kinds of circulating water system (civil circulating water and industrial circulating water), fire water supply system, building water supply and drainage transportation, urban sewage pipe;
2. Gas discharge, mud conveying, drainage and ventilation system in the coal mine;
3. The chemical anticorrosive pipeline transports various chemical fluids, such as acid, alkali and other corrosive media.
4. Used for the protection of buried pipes and communication cables of electric wires and cables
5. It can ensure the normal operation of the water circulation system of central air conditioning in the HVAC circulation system of central air conditioning.